Wednesday, March 25, 2009

TV Stuff

Today I put a bunch of stuff from the basement in our attic. While up there, I found an old set top antenna. On a whim, I decided to bring it down and see what kind of HD reception I could get with it. I hooked it up to our Sony 1080p TV and a quick scan found about 15 channels, many that I didn't even know existed.

I am now watching the local news in HD that is far superior to what I ever got with cable or satellite. This is with an old set top antenna! With our Apple TV and Roku, we rarely watch satellite TV anymore. When we do, it's usually a show or sporting event on a local station. Why are we spending so much money for satellite TV when we don't watch it?

I just ordered a small outdoor antenna that will replace the dish on our house. I'll be able to use the same cabling to sent the signal to our TVs at ZERO cost and better quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment