Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009



A winter storm hit Kansas City Christmas Eve.  It started in the early afternoon with ice and then changed to snow around 5 PM.  The wind kicked up and we had a very snowy, windy night.  Christmas morning we woke up to about 6 inches of snow.  Of course my ole trusty snowblower decided not to start, forcing me to shovel by hand.  How archaic!

Lisa and Bob came over for Christmas dinner.  We fixed salad, honeybaked ham, cheesy potatoes, and Watergate Salad.  Lisa and Bob brought the rolls (there's a story there, but I'm not telling!) and some crackers and dip.



Although I took this picture of Bob, I wasn't really paying attention to what he was doing.  The package he's picking up was for Norine's mom.  Bob proceeded to open it finding a gift of some nice women's perfume.



Lisa and Norine annoyed us with the hamster and chihuahua app on their iPhones.  Actually it was pretty funny listening to those animals repeat everything we said in their tiny voices.



I'm not sure if Bob was yawning or yelling at the new Kansas City Chiefs coach.



Can you believe it?  I actually got Lisa to look halfway normal for the camera.  Usually she does this:



We ended the day with a trip to the nursing home to visit Norine's mom.  We were afraid we might not get up there because of poor driving conditions, but Bob drove like a champ.  Lisa only screamed at him a half dozen times or so.

It turned out to be a very nice Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Wish I could have gone on that ride! Lisa is beautiful no matter what face she makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all had a very nice Christmas. I did also...but am missing Randy, who is living in Iowa now. Love you and hope to see you in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks norine! So are you!!! I had fun! You two are the best parents in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete