Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day One - continued

We've been on the road since 9:30 this morning. It's now 6:45 (5:45 local) and we're nearing the Wyoming border. I just used Priceline to get a room for tonight in Rawlins which is about 3 hours away, driving time. The day started out drizzly and turned into a torrential downpour when we got to Iowa. It's been a variety of weather today. The sun is bright right now. The only constant is the wind. It's been extremely windy ever since we got on I-80. Every time I have been on I-80 through Nebraska/Wyoming it's been very windy. It's costing us 5 - 7 mpg in our gas mileage.

It will be a relatively short drive tomorrow to the Grand Tetons. Looking forward to getting off this interstate!

Right now the sun is getting low in the sky. The light on the golden plains is beautiful. The sun is producing a lot of sunbeams through the clouds. Signing off now so I can enjoy the scenery. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment