Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cardio Rehab

I just got back from Cardio Rehab at St Lukes Hospital. It was just an orientation session which involved filling out paperwork and learning what the program involves. I will have my evaluation session a week from Thursday followed by rehab sessions 3 times a week.

The other two guys at the orientation had open heart surgery so I really felt like the lucky one. One guy started with a stent implant like mine but it didn’t do the job so they ended up opening him up. If nothing else, it was worth going today just to help me feel a lot better about what happened. It was kind of funny that they talked about the common reaction of feeling like less of a person after a heart attack. My post yesterday certainly echoed that!!!

The rehab should be good. It will ensure that I get back to normal and that I know what activities I can pursue. It will also help psychologically and get me used to exercising on a regular basis.

Thanks to everyone who replied to yesterdays post with comments, email, or phone calls. It means a lot to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment