Monday, February 23, 2009

Cooking

Norine is quick to tell everyone how I would never buy her a Kitchenaid mixer.  It wasn't until I retired and broke her hand mixer making cookies that I realized a Kitchenaid was something we needed.  I think it was the little plastic pieces in the cookies that drove home the point.  She also used to tell me that we needed better quality cookware.  Of course I ignored her pleas for that too.

Now cooking has become a hobby.  We're starting to decide in the morning what we'd like to fix for dinner and then we head to the grocery store to get the ingredients - nice and fresh.  Well, we don't do it every day, but we plan on doing it several times a week.  Today we decided on Hoisin chicken, using a recipe we loved years ago, but haven't made in ages.  Some of the fresh ingredients are shown in the picture.

And, you know what?  Norine was right again.  We need better cookware.  I ordered some Anolon Advanced pans from Amazon.  I can see this becoming an expensive hobby....  (and maybe I need to start listening to her).

Update:  Finished product -


2 comments:

  1. Now I won't have to tell you the little dark things in the mashed potatoes are pepper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice and mushroomy!

    ReplyDelete