Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tortilla Pizza


A couple of weeks ago, I was looking around for something to eat. I found a can of pizza sauce in the pantry and thought "what can I do with this?". I looked in the refrigerator and found some tortillas and a package of shredded mozzarella cheese. Hmmm...this has possibilities. In the freezer, I found some ground beef that I made for lasagna some time ago. Already cooked and seasoned, perfect!

After some experimenting, I perfected the little tortilla pizzas. Lisa and Bob stopped by while we were making them and it didn't take long to use up the tortillas. Here's the 'secret' recipe. I'm sure a zillion people have already done this, but I have not been able to find a recipe like this for a convection oven:

1 - 8 in flour tortilla

1 - tablespoon of pizza sauce (I like Cascone's Chicago Style)

Favorite toppings

Cover with shredded italian cheese mix

Put a sheet of parchment paper on your cooking sheet for a crispy crust. You can see how often we cook these pizzas by the color of the parchment paper. Parchment paper can be purchased in most grocery stores.

Bake in convection oven for 5 minutes at 425 degrees





How easy is that? The result is a tasty little treat. Be careful though, they're addicting!


4 comments:

  1. I like to use pita to make individual pizzas. And I just use the toaster oven. It is quick and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old was the ground beef...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever know the age of the stuff in the freezer?

    ReplyDelete