Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Here Comes the Rain Again

Thursday morning we head out on our trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. If you follow this blog, you know that just about every trip we take has posts about rain. It's become a tradition! I looked at the long range forecast for this trip and it looks like a rain/snow mix every day. Hopefully it won't be like the recent Arkansas trip where the rain was constant.

I've always been a person that enjoys spur of the moment travel. Some of the best trips of my life were taken on a whim. I do not enjoy trip planning. I prefer the flexibility and surprises of heading out with a general goal in mind, but nothing concrete. You can't do that when you make reservations months in advance Whenever I plan a trip that includes 2 days in one place and 4 in another, it ends up that I should have chose 4 days in the first place and 2 in the other. How do you know until you get there?

These SkyAuction certificates have been an outstanding value, but what happens when the place you chose has bad weather (like Arkansas) or just isn't as nice as expected? You're either stuck with 7 nights in that place or you leave early.

Norine will read this post and say "Oh no, there he goes. He's trying to justify a motor home again...." Well, maybe I am!

2 comments:

  1. Well maybe you have a point!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a motor home would be wonderful! That is what I've wanted to get after I retire!!
    Hope the rain stays`away on your trip.

    ReplyDelete