Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another Quick Trip

Tonight we brought our trailer home so we can take it into Trailside RV tomorrow to get the water damage repaired. As we were pulling into our neighborhood, we heard a strange sound coming from behind the truck. What is wrong now? We heard it again. Oh great! Then we heard the sickening sound of a police siren. Oh wonderful, we're getting a ticket in front of our neighbors! Now we knew what that 'strange' sound was. It was the policeman trying to pull us over without alerting the neighbors to our peril.

For the life of me, I could not figure out what I did wrong. Surely I wasn't speeding. I pulled out my wallet in anticipation of the "let me see your drivers license and registration" spiel. The policeman approached the window and greeted me with a friendly "Hello Neighbor!". Turns out he lives in our neighborhood. He informed me that we had a light out on the trailer and then he went along his way. What a relief! Even better, we found out it wasn't a bad light, but just that we didn't get the connector in snug enough and it worked it's way loose as we were driving home.

Tomorrow morning we will take the trailer to Trailside RV (with a securely inserted light connector). After we drop it off, we will head to the Lake of the Ozarks to stay with our good friends for the night. On Saturday, we will meet my daughter and her husband in Sedalia for the state fair and Brooks and Dunn concert. I think we have a great weekend in front of us!


2 comments:

  1. I hope they fix the trailer quickly. There are so many places I ant to go and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend planned - save some DVD time to view some of the Yellowstone documentaries on NetFlix - by the way, y'all should consider hitting the 'open road' for a while traveling the good ole U S of A.

    ReplyDelete