Monday, August 31, 2009

The End of Summer

Well, it's not really the end of summer, but it feels like it. I've always felt like June, July and August were summer, September - November fall, December - February winter, and March - May spring. I know, that doesn't equate to the tilt of the earth or the rotation around the sun, but it seems more logical. Anyway, I spent my last morning of summer with Norine at the driving range. I think I'm getting hooked on golf again. Bob and I will be going out to the course on Smithville lake this evening. I found out today that they have an academy course out there. It's 4 holes long and they are real holes, not executive style. You play it twice for a very reasonable fee. The nice thing is that it's a practice course so I don't have to feel bad if I'm not hitting the ball very well. Ah...so nice to be retired!!!

1 comment:

  1. Too bad I'm such a lousy golfer, but I will keep practicing!

    ReplyDelete