Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Trailer, The Lake, The Fair, The Concert

Early this morning we came home from short circle trip. We started Friday morning by pulling our trailer to Grain Valley to get the damage from the leaky bunk repaired. After dropping off the trailer, we headed to our friends house on the Lake of the Ozarks. We took a nice leisurely late afternoon boat ride, had dinner, and played some dominoes. Saturday morning we lounged on the dock and did a little swimming.

After lunch, we took off for Sedalia and the Missouri State Fair. We met my daughter and her husband at the fairgrounds. Fairs are not one of my favorite things, but it was still fun to walk around, people watch, and of course eat a corn dog! Our main reason for going to the fair was the Brooks and Dunn concert. Jamey Johnson opened the show, and I didn't care for his music. To me, every song sounded like the one before. Brooks and Dunn put on a great show. It was well worth the wait! After the concert we headed home. We got in around 1 am this morning. Although short, it was a fun trip!

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the concert and the ice cream cone as we were leaving was like the icing on the cake!! Fun times. I have to say, I like fairs in the evening better than the daytime....cooler and more colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you two went! It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete