Friday, August 28, 2009

stupiddrivers.com

I've often thought it would be fun to get a sign I could attach to the right side of my car that said "See yourself at stupiddrivers.com". Then when we pass a stupid driver, Norine can take a picture of them as they read the sign. Even more interesting would be to actually set up the site and post the pictures. The domain name is available by the way, if anyone is interested.

Nine times out of ten, the stupid driver is on a cell phone. Unfortunately, it's not illegal to talk on a cell phone when driving in Missouri. Hopefully that will change some day. Today I saw a guy that probably would win my stupid driver of the year award. I was stopped at a traffic light, and this guy was making a left turn. In his left hand, he was holding a lit cigarette out of the window. In his right hand, he was holding a cell phone up to his ear. I assume he was turning with his elbows? Maybe his knees? Ironically, this happened right in front of a police station, but the idiot was probably not doing anything illegal. I shudder to think what would have happened if someone had been walking in the crosswalk in front of him.

If you call me and I don't answer, it's probably because I'm driving. I refuse to answer or talk on my cell phone when I'm driving. I hope you do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment